Membership of the Student Union in the academic year 2020-2021
If you are studying a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the Tampere University, you become a student union’s member when you enroll as present at the university. The membership fee for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students is 60 euros for the entire academic year or 30 euros for one semester (autum 2020 or spring 2021). At the same time you pay FSHS fee, which is 28,50 euros for the autums 2020. The spring 2021 FSHS fee is paid to Kela. As a member of the student union you are entitled to TREY’s membership services as well as to order a student card, so the membership is highly recommended also for exchange students.
For doctoral students the membership is voluntary. Their membership fee is 30 euros for one academic year or 15 euros for one semester (autumn 2020 or spring 2021).
Students starting their studies in autumn 2020 can order the student card starting 4 August, if they have registered as present.
How to join the Student Union?
The Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students join TREY with their annual registration at the university.
- All students must register for each academic year, either as present or absent. When you register as present, you also have to pay the student union’s membership fee.
- Registration for the academic year 2019-2020 starts on 1 August 2019. You need to register for both autumn and spring terms by 3 September 2020. Exchange students and new students in the degree programmes in English need to register at Tampere University in person. We highly recommend that you complete your registration between 12 August and 18 August 2020. We will inform about the exact registration times as soon as possible.
- If you do not register by the given deadline, you lose your right to study. In order to restore your right to study, please contact the Student Affairs Office on the campus you study. The university will charge an administrative fee for this service.
- When you have registered as present, you may use all the electronic services for students and enroll in courses, including cross-institutional studies at Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
- Please note that students who register as absent cannot take courses and may use the electronic services to limited extent only. In addition your absence may reduce the time available for completion of the degree.
- In case you want to amend your registration or you encounter problems, please contact Student Affairs Office.
- After paying the student union’s membership fee and registrating as present, new students or exchange students may order their student card online. To use this service, you must activate your user ID first. Old students may get an annual registration sticker on their student card at TREY’s service points or at Study Affairs Office starting from 1 August.
- If you have applied an extension to complete your studies, you may register only after a positive decision on the extension.