Please read the instructions carefully before ordering the card!
In order to get the student card…
- all the new students will be registered as University students at the beginning of each academic year (1st of August and 1st of January). Ordering the student card is not possible before that date.
- you need to register with the university and pay the student union membership fee. After you have paid the membership fee, please wait a couple of days before you order the card because the transaction takes some time.
- you have to activate your personal User ID.
- you have either a credit card or a possibility to use online banking. The card costs 10 euros.
- you have an appropriate photo of yourself. Make sure the photo is a face photo resembling a passport photo: well-lit and clear, preferably with a light and neutral background. If you don’t have such a photo, you can take one with your phone.
Please be aware that…
- if you have ordered the card with a photo that does not meet the criteria, you will have to order a new card that meets the criteria. The payment will not be refunded.
- your student card serves as an access to the university facilities on the campus where you have the right to study. If you study at both campuses, you may request an additional card from the university.
- if you have chosen for the card to be delivered to the Pori unit, it can be collected from the Pointer ry’s office.
- if the card is not collected within 2 years, the card will become the student union’s property and it will be destroyed.
When you have ordered the card…
- the order will go directly to the card manufacturer. The estimated manufacturing time is 1-2 weeks.
- When collecting your card, you must have a valid photo identification (passport, driver’s license or an official ID card).
- The student card can be collected from TREY service points in central or Hervanta campus depending on where you study. Please check the working hours from here.
- If you lose your student card that also functions as a key card, you must notify the University’s IT Helpdesk immediately. If your card is an old card without a chip (i.e. a card that does not function as a key card) you do not need to notify the IT Helpdesk.
You can order your card here.