Masks are currently distributed in the following distribution points:
- Distribution Point for Medical Supplies, Kuninkaankatu 14-16, opening hours: Mon, Tue and Thu 8-16, Wed 8-18 and Fri 8-14.
- Counselling Point of social services, Hatanpäänkatu 3 J, opening hours Mon and Thu 9-15, Tue, Wed and Fri 9-14.
- Kototori, Hervanta Leisure Center Lindforsinkatu 5, 2. floor, opening hours Tue 10-12 and 13-16 and Fri 10-12 and 13-16.
- ViaDia’s food aid distribution point, Puutarhakatu 17 (The Evangelical Free Church of Tampere), opening hours Mon – Thu 12 – 12.30.
- Suburban House of Ikuri, Virontörmänkatu 13, opening hours Mon, Tue and Fri 13 – 15.
- The parish leftover food aid distribution points
- The Finnish Red Cross food aid, Otavalankatu 12 A, opening hours Mon 10-16, Tue 10-18, Wed 10-13, Thu 10-17 (food aid is provided Wed and Fri at 16 o’clock)
The city of Tampere begins distributing face masks. Read more on the face mask recommendation and mask distribution below!
The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) recommends wearing a face mask when you are in public transport, on your way to take a coronavirus test and if you have an urgent reason to spend time outside your home while waiting for test results or during quarantine, or when you are traveling inside Finland after arriving from a risk area. The city of Tampere distributes masks to low-income residents from Tuesday 18 August onwards. Distribution points do not ask for information about your income. Masks can be collected from the following distribution points:
• Distribution Point for Medical Supplies, Kuninkaankatu 14–16, opening hours: Mon, Tue and Thu 8–16, Wed 8–18 and Fri 8–14.
• Counselling Point of social services, Hatanpäänkatu 3 J, opening hours: Mon, Thu 9–15 and Tue, Wed and Fri 9–14.
In addition, face masks will be distributed at the parish leftover food aid distribution points and the Finnish Red Cross food aid at Otavalankatu 12 A.
Current information on mask distribution in Tampere can be found at https://www.tampere.fi/en/city-of-tampere/info/currentissues/2020/08/18082020_1.html. We will attempt to inform you on possible changes in mask distribution in Finnish and English.
The university requires students to wear masks in situations where safe distances cannot be maintained. These include electronic exams, laboratory work and practical exercises where physical distancing is not possible. More information on the university’s mask policy is available on the university’s Intranet at https://intra.tuni.fi/en/content/news/17708
Please find the details of the face mask recommendation and instructions on the use of face masks on THL’s website at https://thl.fi/en/web/thlfi-en/-/thl-recommends-face-masks-to-protect-others-hand-washing-and-safe-distances-are-the-most-important-means-to-prevent-coronavirus-infections. Please note that the use of face masks is not a substitute for other hygiene instructions. You should continue to maintain proper hand hygiene, to only cough and sneeze into a handkerchief or your upper sleeve, and to stay home if you are experiencing symptoms.