The application period for operational grants from 6 April to 10 May
TREY distributes operational grants for 80,000 euros to the associations in 2020. Of this amount, 30,000 euros is distributed according to the associations’ financial needs and 50,000 according to the quality of activities. The grants are regulated by TREY’s Association Standing Order and in the operational grant criteria of 2020.
The application period for operational grants is open for associations from 6 April to 10 May. You can also submit the association announcement at the same time. Both the association announcement and the application are submitted in the Tahlo system (tahlo.trey.fi) and you can use the same account as last year. Instructions for associations on the association announcement and the operation grant application will be sent to the associations, but you can also find it below.
A few important tips and answers to frequently asked questions:
- As a part of the association announcement, all the association’s board members, officers and other people in positions of trust are listed in the Board tab. You can add positions at the bottom of the page with the “Manage titles” button.
- You can edit and save responses during the application period directly in the system. We will consider the latest saved version in the evaluation.
- Respond to the motivational part questions based on the activities of the previous term of office. For the associations whose term is a calendar year, this means responding based on 2019. The beginning of 2020 will be assessed in next spring’s application.
- If your association doesn’t have a membership registry that adheres to Section 3 in the Association Standing Order and you don’t know the portion of TREY’s members of your association’s members, write 0 in this field.
- To be awarded the operational grant, the application and the association announcement need to be filled out appropriately and within the application period. The association also needs to have its own bank account and at least ten members (unless the association doesn’t have human members).
ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCEMENT AND OPERATIONAL GRANT APPLICATIONS 2020
Instructions for associations
- Application period: From 6 April to 10 May
- Decisions: By 10 July
- Payment: By 10 August
The association announcement is submitted and the operational grant application is filled in the Tahlo system (tahlo.trey.fi). The association announcement form is open during the application period for operational grants. It needs to be submitted at least every other year and whenever you apply for an operational grant. All associations can apply for both or only one of the operational grant parts (means-tested part & motivational part).
Associations’ accounts are the same as previously. You can ask for them from your association’s previous chairperson. If you have lost your account, contact Specialist in Association Affairs Lehtonen. You can edit and save your responses during the application period directly in the system. We will consider the latest saved version in the evaluation.
If you don’t have the required attachments or your application has other shortcomings, agree on their delivery with the association sector before the application period closes.
- Association announcements are submitted by all associations that apply for an operational grant.
- If you don’t apply for an operational grant, it is enough to submit the association announcement every other year.
- The association announcement needs to contain at least:
- All the mandatory fields of the “General” tab
- All board members, officers and other people in positions of trust in the “Board” tab
- The action plan for the current term of office in the “Attachments” tab
- Fill your association’s current information. It is important that the information is up-to-date, as they are used when communicating with associations.
Operational grant applications
- The grant is awarded according to the financial needs.
- Fill in financial key figures and the amount you are applying for.
- If you wish, give short reasoning for the amount. For example, you can describe misfortunes your association has encountered or an exceptional situation.
- The motivational part is awarded according to the quality of activities.
- Read the question carefully and respond only to what has been asked.
- You can skip responding to a part of the questions, in which case they won’t be evaluated and you won’t get points for them.
- If the question includes examples or the question has subsections, take them all into consideration. This only applies to the questions themselves, not to the possible instructions below the response field.
- Give practical examples. If your association has steering documents, you can mention them and describe how they influence your activities in practice.
- If needed, you can continue your response to a question in the “More information” field. In such case, mention that the response continues both in the specific question section and at the beginning of the “More information” field.
- You don’t need to enclose a certificate for the accounting course organised by TREY.
More information on the association announcement and grants in TREY’s Association Standing Order.
With all questions related to the association announcement, grants and the Tahlo system, you should contact the association sector. You can reach the whole sector with firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us individually:
Specialist in Association Affairs Mikael Lehtonen, +358 40 713 0079 | TG: @treymikael | email@example.com
Association organiser Iiris Taubert, +358 44 491 9021 | TG: @treyiiris | firstname.lastname@example.org
Association organiser Julius Haapakoski, +358 40 713 0088 | TG: @treyjulius | email@example.com