Tampere University invites applications for internationalisation grants from student associations affiliated with the student union TREY. The grant is worth €20,000. The University will coordinate the awarding of the grants in cooperation with TREY. The purpose of the grants is to support and encourage student associations to carry out activities that support internationalisation among students. A particular goal for 2022 is to support the efforts taken by student associations to promote the integration of international students (both degree-seeking and exchange students) into our student community.
Integrating international students (both degree-seeking and exchange students) to different activities organized by student associations will enhance the inclusion and welfare of international students. It also facilitates the internationalisation at home of local students and increases their international competences. A successful integration of international students to the university community increases the internationality, openness, and welfare of the entire university community.
Preparations for the allocation of grants are taken by a committee comprising staff members from the University’s Financial Services, Education and Learning, Communications as well as representatives of TREY. The committee will prepare a proposal for the allocation of grant funds and review the reports that will be submitted by grant recipients. The final funding decisions will be made by the President of Tampere University.
Grants may be awarded to support the integration of students through activities such as:
- Events that support both Finnish and international students’ shared activities and getting to know each other as well as cooperation between associations.
- Activities that support the early phase of studies, settling down in Tampere and creating social networks of international students.
- Networks and events aimed at improving international students’ employment prospects.
Funding will not be granted to support:
- Activities for which financial support has already been sought from Tampere University (for example, from a faculty).
Criteria for internationalisation grants in 2022
Tampere University aims at supporting activities with a larger impact. The impact of the applied funding and activities will be evaluated with the help of following questions and guidelines:
- How will the proposed activities promote further integration of international students into the student community at TAU?
- How will the proposed activities help international students get settled in Tampere?
- How will the proposed activities enhance the internationalisation skills of local students?
- Approximately how many students will the proposed activities reach? What is the main target group of the activities? Will the proposed activities be organised for students of a certain study field/degree programme or at university level?
- The association operates and provides services at the university level and/or fields crossing levels when it comes to internationalisation.
Grants are offered to support activities that will take place in 2022. Funding may be sought for one or more types of activity. The proposed activities may be prioritised depending, for example, on the amount of funding available. The maximum amount of grant per association is €3,000. Exceptions to granted amounts can be made for especially valid reasons.
When organising activities associations must take into consideration the latest updates and guidelines on safety instructions issued by Tampere Universities and local or national authorities.
The closing date for applications is 23 January 2022. Apply for an internationalisation grant by filling out the application form.
Provide the following documents as attachments:
- The association’s latest completed financial statement
- A budget for the planned activities that indicates how the funding will be allocated to different categories.
Grant recipients will be required to file reports documenting the funded activities and their impact. The reporting deadline will be separately announced.
Tampere University: Kaisa Keskitalo, head of unit, tel. +358 40 754 5951, firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Union of Tampere University: Mikael Lehtonen, specialist in association affairs, tel. +358 40 713 0079, email@example.com (until 22 December, 2021) & Tuulia Laakso, specialist in association affairs, tel. +358 40 713 0079, firstname.lastname@example.org (starting from 3 January, 2022).