What is the Council of Representatives?
The Council of Representatives is the Student Union’s highest decision-making body consisting of 49 students and their deputies. The Council is elected every two years. The Council decides, among other things, on the following matters:
- Election of the Student Union’s Board and committees
- The Student Union’s strategy and other important documents
- Budget and the size of the membership fee
- Action Plan that guides the activities of the Student Union
- The Student Union’s advocacy goals
The Council of Representatives makes decisions on many themes that impact the students’ everyday life. The Council also decides on the focus points of the Student Union’s advocacy, for example how student culture is improved, what are our member services and the Student Union’s values, and things like the Student Union magazine and development cooperation.
The Council meets about once a month during the semesters at the campuses of Tampere University. All TREY’s members have the right to be present in the council meetings.
The Council elected now will operate for the term 2023-2024. Any member of the Student Union, who has enrolled present at Tampere University, can become a candidate and vote in the election. All the members of the Student Union have one vote in the election.
Schedule of the election
- Candidacy announcement begins 15 August 2022.
- Candidacy announcement ends on 28 September 2022.
- Advance voting takes place on 26–28 October 2022 from 9 AM to 8 PM daily.
- Official polling takes place from 31 October to 2 November 2022 from 9 AM to 6 PM daily.
Voting is done electronically on TREY’s website.