TREY’s board has approved equality project goals for organizations that have an invitation based membership system in today’s meeting 23/2019.
The main points are:
- During the two-year transition period, organizations create an equality plan describing how the organization will achieve the following goals
- gender is not a criteria for membership
- there must be criteria for membership
- the member are choosed so that it follown the Non-discrimination Act 8 §
- interest in membership can be expressed and reasons for a negative decision will be given if asked by the individual
- The Student Union will organize workshops or other training and support if needed and encourage individual solutions for reaching the goals
Non-discrimination Act §8
Prohibition of discrimination
(1) No one may be discriminated against on the basis of age, origin, nationality, language, religion, belief, opinion, political activity, trade union activity, family relationships, state of health, disability, sexual orientation or other personal characteristics. Discrimination is prohibited, regardless of whether it is based on a fact or assumption concerning the person him/herself or another. (2) In addition to direct and indirect discrimination, harassment, denial of reasonable accommodation as well as an instruction or order to discriminate constitute discrimination as referred to in this Act.