The spring 2024 supplementary search for student representatives is open!

We are looking for student representatives (hallopeds) for Tampere University’s administration. In this search we are looking for two deputy members for the Societal Interaction Council. In this search there are also other open positions that require fluent Finnish skills. The call for applications is open from 15 to 29 March 2024.

As a student representative you get to impact on our university’s matter regarding the university’s societal interaction and impact. The numbers of hallopeds being sought, the call for applications, and links to the application forms can be found on TREY’s web page for Student Representatives in Administration under the section “Open positions.” From this page you can also read more about the council.

You can also always inquire for more information from TREY’s expert on student representatives, Tiia. Tiia’s contact details can be found on TREY’s Contact page.

What is a halloped?

Halloped or student representative in the administration is a student member of administrative body. Hallopeds are there to voice students’ opinions on matters that have an effect on them. Working as a student representative in the administration gives you an opportunity to participate on the decision making at our university, learn more about the administrative work and give a voice on matters that have an effect on students and our university community.

Do I get more than just experience from this?

Hallopeds can also get credit for their representative work, and you also get allowance from the meetings that you attend.

Do you have to spend all your time on halloped-related stuff?

Halloped work takes about the time equivalent to preparing for and attending a meeting that occurs around once a month. In addition to this, Hallopeds are welcome to TREY’s “Kupillinen kopo” (a casual meeting for student representatives) and we also aim to organize some kind of fun and informal gatherings from time to time.