If possible, TREY will provide facilities for recreational activities for associations that have been granted the association status. The association facilities and their use are coordinated by the student union, and the available facilities are granted by the board of the student union. For the most part, facilities are frequently used, and because the facility quota doesn’t grow on its own, associations in line for facilities should be patient.
The association sector will answer any questions about association facilities and the facility services that are provided in cooperation with the University.
The oldest student housing, Vanha Domus, has a club on the bottom floor, and it’s suitable for meetings, game nights or accommodating colleagues visiting the city. All associations operating within TREY can rent it. The club is rented through TREY’s service office on the city centre campus, where the key can also be picked up from.
While picking up the key, the representative of the association has to sign a user form, where they accept the terms and conditions, and promise to sign over the club in at least the same condition as it was in before the association rented it.
The club has showers and the kitchenette includes a coffee maker, a microwave, a fridge, a burner and dishes. In addition, the equipment includes a stereo and ten mattresses, which are kept in a storage room that connects the hallway and the fireplace room (the fireplace is not in use!). The facilities also have desks and chairs, a couple of couches and a fridge and stools. The club is entered from its own door that can be found from the east side of the building near the parking lot.
The club has been last renovated in 2011 and keeping it clean and pleasant is the responsibility of the associations using the facility. In addition, the club’s cleanliness is maintained by a separately chosen “cleaning ring”, that comprises of associations operating within TREY. Associations are sought for the cleaning ring at the beginning of the year. Ideas for developing the Domus-klubi and making it more pleasant can be expressed to the office secretary, the organisational affairs Specialist and the communications Specialist or the board’s association organisators.
The facilities must be cleaned after use. Take out the trash, do the dishes, put the furniture back in place, wipe the stains and other possible trash. If you fail to clean properly after your association has used the facilities, a cleaning service will be ordered from an outside source and your association will be charged for it (at least 100 euros).
The mattresses in the storage room are only meant for sleeping, not sitting on or for other activities. After use, put the mattresses back in a neat pile in the storage room. Don’t fold the mattresses. One mattress costs 45 euros, so if a mattress gets dirty and becomes unusable during the rental period of your association, you will be charged for it.
Don’t leave anything extra at the club.
TREY’s association facilities are on the centre campus of Tampere University (Pinni A’s gate building, top floor, A4101, across from the computer lab). It is primarily meant for associations that do not have their own facilities, but any student can spend time there freely during the opening hours. You can access the facilities like you do in computer labs, by showing your student card to the card reader.
The facilities consist of a lounge with a kitchenette, a conference room, a storage room with a lock and an office corner. From the kitchenette, you can find a dishwasher, a coffee maker, a microwave and miscellaneous dishes. The lounge has couches, shelves, bulletin boards and other chairs. Small meetings can be held in front of the low tables. The facilities also have a computer.
The lounge doesn’t have to and cannot be booked, but there is a small conference room. It is suitable for board meetings of associations and its equipment includes a long table with chairs and an overhead projector.
The conference room can be booked from the booking calendar, which is a Google calendar. Anyone can look at the booking details and free time slots, but you will need a Gmail account to book the room. Many associations that use the facility have accounts in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about using the booking calendar, contact TREY’s organisational affairs Specialist, who also grants user identifiers for the calendar.
In addition, the association facilities have a small storage space, which holds the associations’ lockers. It is only accessible with a key. Lockers sometimes become vacated. You can enquire about them from the organisational affairs Specialist or communication Specialist.
- Clean the facilities after use at least to the condition that they were in before use!
- Do the used dishes or put them in the dishwasher. A cleaner (visits) the facilities, but their tasks don’t include filling or emptying the dishwasher, and least of all doing the dishes. If the dishwasher is full of dirty dishes, start it, and if it’s full of clean dishes, empty it.
- Remember to turn of the coffee maker!
- The facilities are meant for peaceful and quiet hanging out, coffee-drinking and meetings.
Hotelli Torni can be used for e.g. accommodating excursion guests. Bookings, key collection and returning the key are all done at the service office in Hervanta.
Using the facilities costs 50 euros a night, and it is payed before the key is picked up. The facilities include 26 beds and mattresses in total, kitchenware, a microwave, a stove, a fridge, WC and a shower.
- The accommodation must be cleaned after use. Cleaning supplies can be found from the closet. An outside cleaner doesn’t visit the premises, so every tenant must clean the facilities after use. An extra invoice of 200 euros will be charged for insufficient cleaning or not cleaning at all.
- Exercise cleanliness and appropriate behaviour when using the premises. Avoid excessive noise.
- The renter of the facilities is responsible for all damages caused to the accommodation, its property or the grounds and near-by areas.
- The renter is responsible for the windows being closed and the doors being locked after use.
- If the user agreement doesn’t state otherwise, the booking time ends at 9 a.m.
- The renter is obligated to obey TREY’s representative’s instructions. The above-mentioned has a right to stop the facilities’ use, if instructions are not followed.
- The renter is obligated to make sure that the used dishes are done and put back in place.
- Damages caused by neglecting these rules will be charged from the renter.
- €150 is charged for a lost key.
If the facilities haven’t been cleaned, the charges from an outside cleaner are charged from the renter of the facilities.
At the Hervanta campus, the facilities can be booked via email to email@example.com. Also the facilities can be booked by visiting the facility services in the main building.
At the city center and Kauppi campuses, the facilities can be booked via Campusta Oy.
For more information about other facilities, contact TREY’s association sector.