Student representatives can be found both in the administration and in other bodies. In general, the duties of student representatives are to disclose the opinions of students and represent the students in different events. The nomination and the activities of the student representatives have been decided by the student union’s Council of Representatives, as decided on the Standing Order on Electing Student Representatives.
The student representatives are sometimes also called hallopeds. They operate as student representatives in the bodies of our university’s administration. Student representatives operate as independent full members of the body and represent all students of the whole university, of a faculty or alternatively of a degree programme. Any student union member enrolled as present can apply to be a student representative with the open application.
The student union nominates student representatives to the Academic Board, the Education Council and Faculty Councils, among others. In addition to this, guilds, associations and faculty associations nominate student representatives in many working groups on the faculty level. The student representative body’s work is very important because it ensures that the points of views and voices of students can be seen and heard in the development of education and of the university.
You don’t have to be a veteran of student politics or an expert at meetings to become a student representative. If you are interested in promoting and supervising the interests of all students while you are studying, you were born to be a student representative. Through the position of a student representative, you can be a part of the wondrous world of student advocacy!
The student union representatives
The student union is connected with different associations, foundations and communities. Depending on the place, the student union’s student representative is nominated by either the council or the board.
Tampere Student Housing Foundation (TOAS)
Tampere Student Housing Foundation rents, builds and maintains student housing in Tampere. TREY has a representative in the board and in the delegation and the construction committee of TOAS. TREY’s representatives in the board are Milka Hanhela and deputy member Laura Kaipia.
- Antti Altsten, deputy member Emmi Tilvis
- Paavo Antikainen, deputy member Julius Haapakoski
- Freja Harjunheimo, deputy member Ida-Maaria Tervala
- Maria Jussila, deputy member Ellinoora Mäkitalo
- Tuomas Kauppinen, deputy member Lauri Koski
- Juho Kuusisto, deputy member Aapo Honkakunnas
- Max Liikka, deputy member Marikki Heiskanen
- Petra Oksa, deputy member Lassi Halminen
- Outi Rissa, deputy member Riina Tanskanen
- Valtteri Vapola, deputy member Niko Pankka
- Eeva Ylimäki, deputy member Tuuli Tomperi
- Adam Zeidan, deputy member Jani Patrakka
Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS)
The Finnish Student Health Service FSHS is in charge of healthcare during your university studies in Tampere. FSHS has offices in Hervanta and Kalevantie. TREY has representatives in FSHS’s delegation and in the Tampere-Hämeenlinna health service unit’s board of directors. TREY’s representatives in the delegation are Saara Linden and Joel Kontiainen. The representatives in Tampere-Hämeenlinna health service unit’s board of directors are Laura Kaipia and Milka Hanhela. More information can be found on FSHS’s website.
Tampereen ylioppilastalosäätiö operates in favour of students and its main activity was administering the student union’s building. TREY’s council nominates a delegation, which elects the foundation’s board.
- Esko Nieminen, deputy member Jenna Rantanen
- Lauri Sahramaa, deputy member Liisa Äijälä
- Petra Oksa, deputy member Noora Tapio
- Joonas Pekkonen, deputy member Iiris Taubert
- Adam Zeidan, deputy member Salla-Mari Palokari
- Paula Sajaniemi, deputy member Aleksi Niemi
- Panu Kortelainen, deputy member Anriika Kauppi
- Tuomas Kauppinen, deputy member Jani Patrakka
Academic Engineers and Architects in Finland (TEK)
TEK’s council, board and committees have over 50 student representatives, some of whom are technical students from Tampere. The representatives for TEK youth committee and council are chosen by Tampereen teekkarit ry. Other representatives are chosen by the student group of TEK council.
- Board: Mikko Kauhanen
- Council: Ville-Pekka Frantsi and deputy member Roosa Mäkitalo
- Youth committee: Teemu Kontro, Vili Sipilä, Anna-Reetta Eilola and deputy member Anniina Morelius
- Membership and organisational committee: Adam Zeidan and deputy member Mira Mustonen
- Educational committee: Ella Meriläinen, Sohvi Hyvärinen and deputy member Salla-Mari Palokari
- Technology committee: deputy member Juho Lommi
- Steering group of DIA-joint application system: deputy member Jenni Silvennoinen
The representatives of the working group for the student’s urban planning (Group 35 000)
Tampere has about 35,000 university students who make up about the sixth of the whole city’s residents. TREY and Tampere University of Applied Sciences student body Tamko’s representatives work in cooperation in the group doing urban advocacy. TREY’s representatives are chair Iiris Taubert and the social affairs sector (Miska Puputti, Emmi Juolahti, Laura Kaipia and Ilona Taubert).
Opiskelijan Tampere ry
Opiskelijan Tampere ry is a cooperation project started by the Tampere student bodies and student unions, as well as Tampere Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The organisation’s most significant service is its student benefits, which can be found from the Opiskelijan Tampere website and in the Pivo mobile student card. TREY’s representatives in the Opiskelijan Tampere board are Artturi Lindeman and Hanna Vähävuori.
Juvenes Oy is a student-owned corporation that produces student and staff restaurant services. TREY has a representative in their annual meetings.
Will be updated.
Pertti Liljeroos memorial fund
Tamy and TTYY founded the Pertti Liljeroos memorial fund, and its purpose is to support the study ability and well-being of university students of Tampere by distributing grants for different purposes.
Will be updated.