Your student card offers you financial benefits both when travelling and shopping. By flashing the blue card of a basic degree student, you are entitled to, for example, the following benefits and discounts:
- A student card with a valid annual registration sticker can get you a 30-50 percent discount on trains (VR) and on buses (Matkahuolto) for trips over 60 km.
- In the Tampere regional transport (Nysse) buses, students can get a discount on single tickets and 30-day season tickets.
- With the student card, you are also entitled to student-prices at the university restaurants and other student restaurants in the meal subsidy. See student restaurants on Kela’s Meal subsidy page.
In addition, many local companies in Tampere grant considerable benefits with the student card. Opiskelijan Tampere webpage contains a comprehensive list of student discounts in the Pirkanmaa region.
Tullikamari (Klubi & Pakkahuone) is the most well-known concert and event venue in Tampere right in the heart of the city next to the railway station. With your student card, you get free entrance to Klubi after concerts, and the dance floor is open from Wednesday to Saturday until five in the morning. You can also get discounts on cold and warm beverages and theme brunches. See more on Tullikamari’s website!
OP Tampere provides young customers many benefits to help ease their daily lives:
- As a person under 26 years old, you can get all necessary banking services from us for free:
- Account and online account statement
- OP-Visa Electron and OP-Visa Debit. A student studying in a domestic university can also get OP-Visa with a 2,000 euro credit limit free of charge
- OP online services
- Home and travel insurance -21 % for 18-27-year-olds
- Owner-customers get student loans without banking charges, when the application is done online
- Under 26-year-olds get home loan without banking charges
- Under 26-year-old owner-customers or joining owner-customers get a new securities account free of charge.
OP Tampere also offers student associations who become owner-customers a discount-priced payment and cash management service package. In matters concerning being an association customer, contact Mervi Kallio, +358 10 254 6161, firstname.lastname@example.org.