Your student card offers you financial benefits both when travelling and shopping. By flashing the blue card of a basic degree student, you are entitled to, for example, the following benefits and discounts:
- A student card with a valid annual registration sticker can get you a 30-50 percent discount on trains (VR) and on buses (Matkahuolto) for trips over 60 km.
- In the Tampere regional transport (Nysse) buses, students can get a discount on 30-day season tickets.
- With the student card, you are also entitled to student-prices at the university restaurants and other student restaurants within the meal subsidy. See student restaurants on Kela’s Meal subsidy page.
In addition, many local companies in Tampere grant considerable benefits with the student card. Opiskelijan Tampere webpage contains a comprehensive list of student discounts in the Pirkanmaa region.
OP Tampere provides young customers many benefits to help ease their daily lives:
- As an owner-customer, you can get a book-entry account and custody for free of charge. An owner-customer can also buy and sell nearly all fund units without fees.
- Home and travel insurance -21 % for 18-27-year-olds
- Owner-customers get student loans without banking charges, when the application is done online
- Under 26-year-olds get home loan without banking charges
- Under 26-year-old owner-customers or joining owner-customers get a new securities account free of charge.
OP Tampere offers student associations who become owner-customers a discount-priced payment and cash management service package. In matters concerning being an association customer, please contact Marita Vanhataloon, firstname.lastname@example.org, 010 254 6179.