Membership of the Student Union in the academic year 2021-2022

If you are studying a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the Tampere University, you become a student union’s member when you enrol as present at the University. The membership fee for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students is €62 for the entire academic year or €31 for one semester (autumn 2021 or spring 2022). As a member of the student union you are entitled to TREY’s membership services as well as to order a student card, so the membership is highly recommended also for exchange students. Starting from spring 2021 FSHS fee is paid to Kela and the FSHS fee is mandatory for all degree students enrolled as present. Read more on FSHS services on the Healthcare -subsite.

For doctoral students the membership is voluntary. Their membership fee is €31 for the whole academic year or €15,50 for one semester (autumn 2021 or spring 2022).

Students starting their studies in autumn 2021 can order the student card starting 5 August if they have enrolled as present.

How to join the Student Union?

The Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students join TREY with their annual enrolment at the University. First activate your user ID on the University’s website.

  • All students must enrol for each academic year, either as present or absent. When you enrol as present, you also have to pay the student union’s membership fee.
  • Enrolment for the academic year 2021-2022 starts in May. You need to enrol for both autumn and spring terms by 2 September 2021. Exchange students and new students in the degree programmes in English need to enrol at Tampere University in person. Exception: Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all new students in the degree programmes in English will receive the payment information for the student union via email and can make an electronic identification for the enrolment. If you do not receive the payment information, please contact the Student Affairs Office. With the enrolment, you can also pay e.g. Sport Uni’s fee.
  • If you do not enrol by the given deadline, you lose your right to study. In order to restore your right to study, please contact the Student Affairs Office on the campus you study. The university will charge an administrative fee for this service.
  • When you have enrolled as present, you may use all the electronic services for students and enrol in courses, including cross-institutional studies at Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
  • Please note that students who enrol as absent cannot take courses and may use the electronic services to limited extent only. In addition your absence may reduce the time available for completion of the degree.
  • In case you want to amend your registration or you encounter problems, please contact the Student Affairs Office.
  • After paying the student union’s membership fee and enrolling as present, new students or exchange students may order their student card online starting 5 August. To use this service, you must activate your user ID first. Old students may get an annual registration sticker on their student card at TREY’s service points or at Study Affairs Office starting from 1 August.
  • If you have applied an extension to complete your studies, you may enrol only after a positive decision on the extension.

Useful links on joining

The Student Affairs Office contact information can be found on the University’s website.

The student card can be ordered on the student card ordering service website.

Using the student card ordering service requires that your TUNI user account is activated.


Payment outside the enrolment period for the academic year

The student union membership fee can be paid through the OILI-service only during the enrolment period. Outside the enrolment period or in case of problems, you should contact the University’s Student Affairs Office. The University will charge a fee for late enrolment.