For the whole academic year, the fee is 114 euros. For students coming for one semester only, the fee is 57 euros. Besides the student union membership fee, both sums also include the obligatory FSHS (Finnish Student Healthcare System, or YTHS in Finnish) fee. The only way to get an exemption from the FSHS fee is to prove it has been paid earlier to another university.

The membership fee for doctoral students for the whole academic year is 30 euros. Students enrolling only for one semester pay half of the fee. Unfortunately doctoral students are not entitled to the services of FSHS, so they do not pay health care fee either.

The funds collected from the membership fees are used to fund the advocacy work of the student and to maintain member services, including funding for student associations.

If you wish to use the sport facilities of SportUni, you must pay their fee separately. The SportUni fee for the whole academic year is 75 euros. The fee for the autumn semester is 44 euros, and for the spring semester 49 euros. Please check their webpage for instructions how you get access to their services. You need to be present for the year / semester to use the sports services.

The deadline for payments is 2 September 2019 in the autumn semester and 31 January 2010 in the spring semester.

The membership fee can be paid with a credit card immediately prior and during the university’s Welcome Week (14-16 August, 19-21 August) at TREY’s service desks. Students who have a bank account in a SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) country may use online banking, since additional fees will not be charged. Additionally, students can pay the membership fee at some Finnish banks, but this requires a Finnish personal identity code and ensuring that the bank office in question accepts payments. The payment slip with a reference number can be collected from the Student Affairs Office. Keep the receipt from the payment, as you will need it until you have your student card in your hands.

Please contact the student union. If you contact us by email, be sure to include your bank account information and student number. In case you have paid too much or paid when you did not need to, the money will be refunded to you. However, please note that we will transfer the FSHS fees in mid-February and in mid-October; after this we will no longer refund the FSHS part of the membership fee.

There might be at least two different reasons. First, electronic payments have a short delay due to the refreshing interval of the databases. Second, TREY receives the information about bank transfers on the next day. As the banks remain closed on Saturday and Sunday, money paid on the account on Friday will not reach us until Monday morning at the earliest. Once the student union receives the information about the payment, it will be logged into the student register during the same day.

To take advantage of student benefits, you must be registered as present at the Tampere University and pay the membership fee to the student union. A student of Tampere University doing exchange studies elsewhere must also enroll as present in Tampere for the duration of their exchange in order to receive the annual registration sticker on the student card. Please note that if you enroll as absent, you will not receive the annual registration sticker and the student benefits will not apply to you.

Please send your student card to us by post and be sure to include a return envelope with paid postage and your address. See our contact information here.


Students who graduate in August can graduate if they have paid the fee for the previous spring term. If you have paid the fee for the autumn term unnecessarily, you can apply for a refund until end of September. Students who graduate in September must enroll for the new academic year and pay the membership fee of the student union for the autumn term.

Students who graduate in January can graduate with the membership fee of the autumn term. Thus, if you have paid the fee for the spring term unnecessarily, you can get a refund. Students who graduate in February or later must pay the membership fee for the spring term. The fee for the spring term can be paid in December and enrolment for the spring term can be done until the beginning of the Christmas break.


You will get the payment information from the university’s Student Affairs Office.

You must apply for a refund for the FSHS fee from that student union where you paid it last. You must deliver receipts of the payments, your student number and your bank account information to that student union. If TREY is the student union where you paid the fee last, contact our service office directly. You will fill in an application for a refund for the FSHS part of the membership fee. The applications will all be processed at once when the application period has ended. The application for a refund must be made by the end of September in the autumn and by the end of January at the beginning of the spring term.