Power drill and toolbox
Doing some renovating? You can rent a toolbox or a power drill from TREY’s service office on the city centre campus! You can pick up the tools from the service office for a €20 deposit. You can find all the necessary tools needed for moving and renovating from the toolbox, such as a hammer, a screwdriver and a spirit level.
Baseball and kyykkä sets
TREY rents one baseball and two kyykkä sets for a €5 maintenance cost. You can rent the sets from the city centre’s service office during opening hours. During weekdays, the sets will be rented for two days tops and during the weekends from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. Ask for a receipt from the maintenance cost if you need one. If parts of the baseball or kyykkä sets go missing or they have considerable damage, the costs will be charged from the renter according to the rental terms.
One baseball set includes:
- Three baseball bats
- Three baseballs
- 3 right-hand gloves and 9 left-hand gloves
One kyykkä set includes:
- Four karttus (kyykkä bats)
- A box of kyykkäs (80 pcs)
The student union, together with Tampereen Teekkarien Moottorikerho, rents two vans with an inexpensive user fee for the students to use during moves, collecting goods or other needs. Read the instructions below carefully before renting the van. Only members of TREY (the student union membership fee must be paid, and the renter must have a category B driver’s license or a foreign driver’s license that has been approved by the Finnish police) have the right to rent and drive the van. The annual membership is valid through 1.9.-31.8.
The recipient of the keys is responsible for all misconduct and damage caused to the vehicle and possible third parties. A van is more difficult to drive than a passenger car, so steady driving skills are recommended for the driver.
City center campus
- Bookings through phone/email from TREY’s office (tel. +358 44 361 0210 / email@example.com)
- There are three different periods you can rent the van for: 1. A weekday, morning or afternoon Mon-Fri (from 9.30-12.30 or 12.30-15.30) 0,5€/km (the minimum fee 10€/booking). 2. overnight Monday-Thursday (from 15.30-9.30) 0,5 €/km (minimum fee 15€/booking) or 3. Weekend (Fri at 15.30 – Mon at 9.30) 0,5 €/km (minimum fee 15€/booking). NB! From May-June the weekend is Thu-Mon. The van is available for booking for the maximum of three periods in a row.
- Cancelling or rescheduling the booking must be done at the latest a day before the booked time. If the cancelling is late, the total amount of the minimum fees of the booking period will be charged.
- The keys are available for collection when the above booking periods start. If you book multiple consecutive periods, you must collect the keys during the first period, or the booking is considered cancelled and a delay fee is charged according to section 3. The keys are returned before the period ends. An additional charge of 20 euros is charged for late return.
- The fees in section 2 and other possible compensation will be paid to the student union’s service office while returning the keys, excluding the 200-euro excess, which can be paid with an invoice.
- TREY does not compensate for booking cancellations due to other users of the van but will inform about them as quickly as possible and guide you to a substitutive service.
- By signing the contract, the renter of the van accepts the terms above.
Outside summertime, you can also book the van located on the Hervanta campus directly from the booking calendar.
The student union, together with Tampereen Teekkarien PerinneSeura, rents a trailer for students to use. The renter of the trailer must be a member of TREY and have at least a category B driver’s license that has been approved by the Finnish police. The members of the student union can rent the trailer for an association that has been granted TREY’s association status. The trailer is located in Hervanta campus’ bomb shelter, inside of the slope in bommari. The instructions for renting the trailer and the prices can be found here. The trailer is booked via the booking calendar or by contacting the Hervanta service office.
During the summer, when the service office is closed, the trailer is booked directly via PerinneSeura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting kit is a kitchenware set for international students, which is meant to ease the start of your studies. Starting kits can be aquired at Hervanta campus from ESN INTO and from the city center campus from ESN FINT (also for Kauppi campus’ students).